Welcome Patriots both New and Returning,
We would like to welcome all of you to the Patriot Girls U12 Team. We are excited to have you on the team and know this will be a great season. Your coaches are Olivia Keck, Brianna Bruce, Gerty Kranz, and Jeff Higgins. If you need to get a hold of us, please feel free to email or text.
- Olivia Keck: 805-279-6477.
- Brianna Bruce: 720-505-7793,
- Gerty Kranz: 719-510-9652,
- Jeff Higgins: 719-238-4701,
Season Focus – Spring lacrosse is about individual player skill development AND player/team development. We will reinforce the basics for new and returning players, as well as hone in on field awareness, endurance, stick work, and plays. Our goal for this season is to build confidence. By the end of the season we hope our players will feel confident in their abilities as a lacrosse player and will continue to hone those skills on and off the field. Our coaches are committed to this goal work to build each player’s commitment to themselves and the team.
Practice Schedule: Our first practice is Tuesday March 16th.
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:15 to 6:30
- Where: John Stone Park (4017 Family Place, Colo. Spr., CO 80920)
- What to Bring: Scrimmage pinnie (if you do not have a Patriot pinnie, please bring $20 to practice and we will give one to you), lacrosse stick, goggles, mouth guard, water bottle, and warm layers (spring lacrosse DOES NOT mean spring weather).
Uniforms - Uniforms will be handed out before our first game and include: Spring jersey, shooter shirt, shorts. Please also wear red/white/blue or American themed socks. Black leggings are preferred if you choose to wear them under your shorts.
Weather Call for Practice - If we need to cancel practice, we will notify you via email, text, and the Patriot website before noon on the day of practice. You should assume that no notification means we will meet for practice. If the weather looks dicey at the beginning of practice, please stay close by so you can pick up your daughter if we need to end practice early.
Communication – We will utilize the Patriot website for all team communications (both emails and texts). Please update your profile in the system so messages are sent to the appropriate email address and phone #.
This Week in Lacrosse
- Rosters with contact info will go out after the first week of practice. Please let us know if you do NOT want your email and phone # listed on the roster.
- Please arrive a few minutes early to practice so we can start on time.
- Weekly focus: team building and introductions, practice structure, running, running, and more running 😊
- Stick Trick Competitions will be held every other Thursday starting on March 23rd. Players need to practice tricks at home. YouTube is a great source for finding new tricks to practice. Winning players will receive a Giant-Sized box of candy (of their choice). This gives every girl a chance to shine throughout the season and encourages them to train outside of practice.
- Please let us know if your player has any food allergies or medical concerns.
As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thanks, and have a great week!
Go Patriots! Your Coaches